The temperatures are inching upward, the days are getting longer and the first buds are starting to appear on the trees. Spring is on its way, and soon it’s going to be time to do a little preventive maintenance on your ride. No need to dread it -- it’s all pretty routine stuff!
- Air filter - If you haven’t changed your air filter since last year (or can’t remember when you changed it at all), it might be time. It’s an easy and cheap fix, and it pays off in your vehicle’s performance and fuel economy.
- Cabin filter - Older vehicles often don’t have a cabin filter, but it can make a lot of difference in how pleasant your vehicle is to drive. Stale, smel ...[more]
- Depending on the kind of tires you select, you may notice a change in the feel/sound of your commute. Because winter tires have more of a grip on the road, they might sound louder depending on your vehicle. If you notice it at all, don’t panic. You are only hearing the added contact. If you add studs or chains to the mix, the sound wi ...[more]
This year you might resolve to fix your house, work out more, eat healthier, or go for that goal you’ve had your eye on for years. This year should also be the year that you resolve to fix or maintain your vehicle, lower your repair costs, lower your gas usage, and add a few years onto your trusted vehicle. With a few simple resolutions, you can keep your vehicle as happy and healthy as you strive to be this year.
- Keep up on your oil changes! Your seasonal (eve ...[more]
Another winter storm coming? Before you rush to the store for the last gallon of milk and loaf of bread, you’ll want to be sure your car is ready to battle the elements. Follow these tips before venturing out into the winter wonderland.
- Check your Cooling System. Have your mechanic check your hoses, belts and anti-freeze. A weakened hose or belt can break and leave you stranded, or a weak solution of anti-freeze can ice up and damage your cooling system. Hoses shouldn’t have cracks or become softened. In extreme temperature drops, keep an eye on your hoses and belts, as low temperatures can cause additional breakage or weak spots.
- Check Your Battery. Make sure your ...[more]
As most drivers can contest firsthand, tires are not invincible. Composed from many separate layers of steel-encased rubber fabrics and durable materials, tires eventually wear down and can cause vehicle owners costly repairs or even replacement. Understanding what measures should be taken to properly maintain tires will both lengthen tire life and support vehicle functionality and longevity. Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS) introduce revolutionary tire protection technology to constantly report on tire pressure in each tire for vehicle safety and sustainability.
Without assistance from a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), tires become more susceptible to avoidable ...[more]
Car over 100,000 miles? Time to switch to sythetic oil! We at Gogel Tire Service are offering a great money saving coupon for $20 off of a synthetic oil change (must present coupon at time of service)! While you are here ask one of our friendly staff members to fill you in on the great tire rebates we are offering this fall to get your vehicle ready for winter! Come see us today at Gogel Tire Hanover, NJ.